Elevate Addiction Services Drug Treatment Programs in Monterey, CA
Elevate Addiction Services is proud to offer our drug treatment programs not only in Santa Cruz, California but also in the historical city of Monterey.
Founded in 1770, Monterey was the capital of Alta California until the year 1850. As the years went on, Monterey began to attract artists from around the nation. The city soon became a center for the arts, with music, theater, and visual arts becoming more and more popular.
As the art scene began becoming more popular in the city of Monterey, drug and alcohol abuse among residents has become more and more popular, necessitating the presence of alcohol rehab centers in Monterey and various drug addiction treatment centers in Monterey.
Drug addiction issues are not only present in Monterey because of their prevalence within the art community.
Located about two hours south of San Francisco, one of the main draws is its closeness to the Bay Area. Because it is located within close proximity to the bay, families became one of the many demographics attracted to Monterey as a place to settle down. As parents within these families become older, old injuries or other types of chronic pain result in them requiring prescription medication. In an encapsulation of the nationwide opioid crisis, pain medication is used recreationally at parties or in other social situations. Once dependence forms, if the pain medication is taken away, people are likely to try other drugs to replicate the high they felt before.
Because of the rate at which these drugs move around, addiction rates within California have skyrocketed. Over half a decade ago, drug overdoses of opioids alone in California took place every 45 minutes. The epidemic has only worsened since then.
Get Help Now!
Treatment specialists are standing by. Take the next step in your path to recovery.
Why Elevate Addiction Services
- Treatment at all levels of care. Including detox beginning all programs, residential / inpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs and more. We tailor each program to the individual.
- A non-12-step program unlike any other. We combine physical fitness and nutritional training with a wide range of talk and experiential therapies to help our graduates do more than just get sober, but to improve themselves mind, body and soul.
- Each program is geared toward a 100% drug free recovery – we don’t replace one addiction with another.
- We take most major insurances and offer flexible payment options for co-pays or for private pay admissions.
- We have locations convenient to California and Nevada, with inpatient and outpatient options at Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe, Placerville, and Aptos. We’re also happy to help make travel arrangements.
- All Elevate programs guarantee a 6-month continuing care program to help ease the transition to a sober lifestyle and keep in communication with our graduates.
- Our facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission, and we are members of NAADAC, NAATP, BHAP, CCAPP, and ASAM - ensuring that we meet the highest possible standards of quality and care.
- A positive, experienced and compassionate staff who go above and beyond the standards of the treatment injury. We make every effort to connect personally with each client - assisting personal growth as well as addiction recovery.
California Drug Abuse Statistics
Percentage of Californians with a substance abuse disorder
Of those 8%, percentage that receives treatment.
Percentage of students who have tied alcohol by grade 11.
Elevate Addiction Service's Monterey Inpatient and Outpatient Services
What Is It About Elevate That Sets Us Apart from the Rest?
Here at Elevate, our drug and alcohol treatment programs are designed with each individual patient in mind. Non 12 step recovery centers are becoming more and more popular throughout the United States, and at Elevate Addiction Services, our forward-thinking, holistic approach to both drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs is what sets us apart from the rest. During rehabilitation, the addictive substance is sometimes replaced with prescribed medication. The problem arises when that medication becomes a replacement drug for the patient instead of something that helps them heal. Instead of prescribing replacement medications, such as methadone or suboxone within our drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers, Elevate’s drug rehab centers in Monterey focus on healing the mind, body, and soul without the presence of replacement drugs.
Elevate’s alcohol rehab center in Monterey employs a holistic treatment approach, as is done within all of our non 12 step rehab programs. The aim of holistic alcohol recovery or holistic drug recovery is to heal the entire person by treating more than the addiction. Instead, healing of the mind, body, and soul is the focus of holistic recovery centers. Healing of the entire person is done through various means, as each person’s journey to sobriety is different. At Elevate Addiction Services, typically treatment plans include the following:
- SMART Recovery: SMART recovery is a four-point program that Elevate Addiction Services utilizes to help treat various forms of addiction. SMART is a type of non 12 step recovery program. SMART Recovery programs are backed by scientific research, and the methods taught in the program have been proven to work.
- Yoga and Meditation: Both guided meditation and yoga programs are very common within holistic recovery centers. These tools are designed to heal the mind, body, and soul by encouraging mindfulness and personal awareness. They also help patients empty their minds of stressful or otherwise bothersome stimulus, allowing them to better focus on their recovery.
- Nutrition Education: Nutrition has a large impact on how a person feels on a day-to-day basis, and without illicit substances to numb those feelings, nutrition needs to be part of the game plan once more. Nutrition education is also helpful to patients in the long term, as proper nutrition leads to a healthier life overall.
- Fitness Programs: Along with eating right and nutrition comes fitness education. Fitness is another aspect of life that often falls to the wayside when problems with addiction arise. Elevate Addiction Services is proud to partner with CrossFit, a service available to all fitness levels. Fitness is also a great outlet for energy or frustration when cravings hit.
Elevate's Commitment to Each Patient
An individual’s journey to recovery is always very personal. Here at Elevate, we understand that each person is different. All of our programs, from detoxification treatment to 90-day stays at our dual diagnosis treatment centers are personalized to fit each patient’s needs. Each program is liable to change according to the patient’s needs, in an effort to ease the recovery process.
- Introductory Assessment: When patients first enter into a treatment program here at Elevate Addiction Services, they meet with our friendly admissions specialists, as they help determine the most appropriate recovery plan. During admission, the addiction issues will be spoken about at length, including substance, addiction duration, last use, the amount used, frequency of use, etc. In addition, details about the person behind the addiction will be discussed, including any mental health issues, and overall likes and dislikes.
- Personalized Treatment Plan: At Elevate, we understand how personal a rehabilitation program is, and because of that all of our patients are directly involved in the creation of their own treatment plan. Working with Elevate Addiction Services trained professionals, patients can choose from an array of different treatment options ranging all the way from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to adventure therapy out in the woods and beaches near Monterey.
- Individual Growth: Personal growth and self-discovery are one of the most rewarding and important aspects of holistic treatment. Drug abuse alters a person’s perception of themselves, often resulting in low self-esteem and self-worth. At Elevate, we aim to change that through therapy and mindfulness techniques.
- Community and Aftercare: One of the things patients rarely think about when looking for a reliable rehabilitation center is what will happen after their treatment has been completed. As a result, when returning to day-to-day life after rehab, many people recovering from addiction are faced with a litany of triggers and cravings. At Elevate, we ensure patients are provided with a support system of fellow newly sober friends, as well as medical professionals and counselors even after they graduate their program.
Elevate Addiction Services Available in Monterey, CA
By and large, there are two main categories when it comes to rehabilitation programs: inpatient programs and outpatient programs. Inpatient programs require patients to live on campus at the recovery center for a specified number of days. This type of program allows patients to focus completely on their recovery, as they are in the facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On the other hand, outpatient treatment programs give patients the freedom to continue attending school or work, and patients sleep off campus. At Elevate Addiction Services, we are proud to offer the following programs:
- Inpatient Drug Treatment Services: Inpatient drug treatment services are the core of what we do here at Elevate. Our inpatient drug treatment centers are able to aid in recovery from a variety of drug addictions, from prescription stimulants and benzodiazepines all the way to hard illicit drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine. As a rule of thumb, a 90-day stay is typical for this type of treatment. Patients are able to spend the entirety of their stay at inpatient drug rehabilitation centers focusing on healing their addiction.
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Services: In addition to our inpatient drug treatment services, Elevate offers services at our inpatient alcohol treatment center. Because of alcohols consistent availability and societal acceptability, inpatient stays are typically recommended for alcohol treatment. At our alcohol rehabilitation centers in Monterey, we include medically supervised detox services and personalized treatment options for alcoholism to help ensure long-term solutions.
- Outpatient Drug Treatment Services: On the other end of the treatment option spectrum is outpatient drug rehab centers. The outpatient drug treatment programs that Elevate offers are great options for patients with prior commitments that would make an inpatient stay impossible, as well as for patients whose insurance will not cover a full 90-day stay.
- Detoxification Services: The first step of most recovery programs is detoxification. During the detox process, the body is given time to rid itself of any drugs or alcohol left within the bloodstream. During detoxification treatment, withdrawal symptoms will occur and have the potential to become severe. Because of this, it is important to undergo detox in a medically supervised setting. Both drug and alcohol detox services in Monterey are available through Elevate.
- Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Services: After the detoxification process has taken place, treatment for alcoholism on an outpatient basis has the potential to aid in recovery as much as an inpatient stay for some clients. Elevate Addiction Services utilizes SMART recovery in our outpatient holistic alcohol rehabilitation centers. SMART recovery helps those in outpatient treatment address their addiction using scientifically backed techniques. Elevate also ensures patients are in contact with a community of peers ready to support them as well as counselors prepare to ask any questions that may present themselves.
Programs: Interventions, Durations
At Elevate, we are able to offer both alcohol intervention programs and drug intervention programs to friends and families with loved ones afraid to take the first step towards sobriety. In addition, our intervention programs teach friends and family how to support a loved one going through rehab.
We want to ensure that our graduates remain sober for as long as possible, which means their stay at our facility needs to be long enough. Therefore, our standard stay length is 90 days. Stay durations are open to discussion, but longer stays are much more effective in the long term.
At Elevate, we offer a wide variety of programs to our patients to ensure they have the best chance at sobriety. A number of our programs include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Dual diagnosis treatment centers are designed to treat both addiction and any underlying mental health problems patients may have. Dual diagnosis and recovery services are available at Elevate’s dual diagnosis treatment centers.
- Fitness Therapy: Fitness education within rehabilitation is important for the longevity of our patient’s health.
- Experiential Therapy: Art therapy, music therapy, aromatherapy and the like are all types of experiential therapy.
- Adventure therapy: For those who love the great outdoors, adventure therapy gets patients in touch with nature.
One of the first questions people ask themselves when looking into rehab is how much their stay will cost. At Elevate, we are proud to accept a number of different insurance plans.
Drug Addiction Symptoms
If concerns arise that a friend or family member may be facing issues with addiction, it is important to know what to look for. Different substances will sometimes exhibit different drug addiction symptoms or recovering drug addiction symptoms. Here are some of the most commonly abused substances and their symptoms.
- Alcoholism: Signs and symptoms of alcoholism vary from person to person, in addition to changing depending on the duration of the substance abuse. Alcohol addiction symptoms, even recovering alcoholic symptoms can look similar to those of other drug addictions, including lethargy, mood changes, weight changes, and cognitive dysfunction. Symptoms of severe alcoholism can be life-threatening, so it is important to receive alcohol withdrawal symptom treatment from a medical professional. They are able to help patients find the cure for alcohol withdrawal symptoms being experienced.
- Opioid Addiction: Symptoms of opioid addiction include: pinning of the pupils, track marks, lethargy, and issues dealing with responsibilities like work or school. Elevate’s holistic approach means we don’t prescribe replacement drugs like opioid treatment medication.
- Prescription Drug Addiction: Elevate offers prescription drug rehab to patients in need of a prescription drug treatment program, for instance, treatment of benzodiazepine dependence.
- Heroin Addiction: Heroin treatment programs are needed now more than ever before. A type of opioid, heroin detox and treatment are very similar to opiate addiction treatment.
- Stimulant Addiction: Symptoms of stimulant abuse most often include: mood changes, irritability, trouble sleeping, dental issues, weight loss, lung and heart issues, and in severe cases psychotic episodes.
Non 12 Step Addiction Treatment Centers in Monterey, CA
Now more than ever, drug abuse levels are on the rise in California. If the lovely city of Monterey, Elevate Addiction Services stands to help those facing addiction heal in a compassionate and holistic setting. With 20 years of experience in helping patients move on from addiction and grow into better lives, from the time they search ‘inpatient drug rehab near me’ or ‘rehabilitation program from drug addicts’, to the time they leave our facility, Elevate strives to bring each patient’s mind, body, and soul into harmony. If you or a loved one lives in the Monterey, California area and needs addiction treatment, call us today for an assessment and information on how to begin the journey to recovery.