Elevate Addiction Services Drug Treatment Programs in Santa Cruz, California
As the primary location for our holistic drug treatment programs, Elevate Addiction Services is proud to provide drug rehab services in Santa Cruz, serving the central California area and nationwide.
Because Santa Cruz isn’t a household name, many think there is less of a need for drug and alcohol detox services there. However, as with every town and city in America, there are continual and ongoing addiction challenges among the population which require both specialized and general drug treatment programs. And as part of the Bay Area, drug and alcohol detox services in Santa Cruz affect millions of people and provide drug treatment programs at one of the epicenters of the opioid crisis. In fact, every year since 2010 has seen an increase in the number of opioid addiction cases requiring treatment at a drug rehab center in Santa Cruz, and an increase in the deaths by overdose.
As a major part of the Bay Area and with a central location, Santa Cruz is an ideal location for providing drug treatment programs to San Francisco and Oakland as well as other cities. Alcohol, being the single most available and socially acceptable drug in the world, does not get the press that opioids or even the crack boom of the '80s got. And yet, the need for alcohol detox services in Santa Cruz continues to grow. Elevate’s alcohol rehabilitation center in Santacruz provides both inpatient and outpatient programs individually created and implemented to assist each client gets the help they need.
Get Help Now!
Treatment specialists are standing by. Take the next step in your path to recovery.
Why Elevate Addiction Services
- Treatment at all levels of care. Including detox beginning all programs, residential / inpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs and more. We tailor each program to the individual.
- A non-12-step program unlike any other. We combine physical fitness and nutritional training with a wide range of talk and experiential therapies to help our graduates do more than just get sober, but to improve themselves mind, body and soul.
- Each program is geared toward a 100% drug free recovery – we don’t replace one addiction with another.
- We take most major insurances and offer flexible payment options for co-pays or for private pay admissions.
- We have locations convenient to California and Nevada, with inpatient and outpatient options at Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe, Placerville, and Aptos. We’re also happy to help make travel arrangements.
- All Elevate programs guarantee a 6-month continuing care program to help ease the transition to a sober lifestyle and keep in communication with our graduates.
- Our facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission, and we are members of NAADAC, NAATP, BHAP, CCAPP, and ASAM - ensuring that we meet the highest possible standards of quality and care.
- A positive, experienced and compassionate staff who go above and beyond the standards of the treatment injury. We make every effort to connect personally with each client - assisting personal growth as well as addiction recovery.
Santa Cruz Opioid Abuse Statistics
Percentage of Santa Cruz residents in need for addiction help.
Percentage of Californians in need for addiction help.
Percentage of prescription opioid users who become addicted.
Percentage of addicted opioid users who move on to heroin.
Percentage of heroin users who began with prescription opioids.
Elevate’s Holistic, Gorgeous Center Serves Inpatient and Outpatient Needs in Santa Cruz
Elevate’s drug treatment program in Santa Cruz employs an evidence-based, patient-centered approach that has effectively helped clients grow as people and overcome addiction in California for over 20 years.
As the opioid crisis and the continuation of abuse of other addictive substances continue, seemingly unabated, very many of the traditional 12-step outpatient drug treatment centers, and even some intensive inpatient drug treatment centers, still continue with methadone or suboxone treatment programs. At Elevate, our experience has taught us that a replacement drug can be an anchor which prevents patients from reaching true sobriety. What makes our outpatient and inpatient drug treatment programs stand out?
Whole Body, Whole Mind, Whole Person
Elevate has a strong focus on holistic healing in both our inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol treatment programs. In addition to talk therapy at both inpatient and outpatient drug treatment programs, we include various kinds of non-medical, experiential therapies in each individually designed program. This means programs that address various aspects of each patient's mind, body, and spirit, such as:
- Diet and Nutrition: One common occurrence when people enter a drug rehab program is a nutritional deficiency resulting from an extended period of ignoring food over drugs or alcohol. The human body, including the brain and other organs, operates much more smoothly when the appropriate nutrients are available. This makes nutrition training programs a great long-term lesson for recovering addicts to make sure after alcohol detox in Santa Cruz, they are ready to make positive choices around food and nutrition.
- Yoga and Meditation: Both of these techniques are crucial components of any holistic drug or alcohol treatment program. A huge part of recovery is getting a new perspective and seeing your life with new eyes, and both yoga and guided meditation put people in a state to do this. It’s a way to cope with negative or drug-centered thoughts and increase self-awareness, which is the basis for rational decision making.
- Fitness programs: Partnered with nutrition training are fitness and exercise programs. Elevate Addiction Services uses training methodologies from CrossFit, which is accessible to people at all levels of fitness - from expert to newbie. Consistent exercise has several benefits for recovering addicts; not only does it improve general health, but it provides a positive outlet for activity when craving triggers or imminent relapse are present.
- SMART Recovery: Originally designed as a non 12 step program in contrast with AA and NA, SMART Recovery is evidence-based treatment for both the recovery treatment and aftercare portions of the journey toward sobriety. It follows a four-point program: Point 1: Building and Maintaining Motivation, Point 2: Coping with Urges, Point 3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors, Point 4: Living a Balanced Life
Elevate Addiction Services’ Guarantee to Clients
The first instinct for those who are ready to seek out addiction treatment centers is often to go online and run a search for something like “inpatient drug treatment near me.” However, geographic location is far from the only important factor in deciding on an addiction recovery center; in fact, it might be the least important one. Addiction is a strongly personal issue, like any other disease, and so it needs a personal treatment program, whether at an inpatient drug treatment center or simply at an outpatient alcohol treatment program. That’s why every program we offer, from drug or alcohol detox to a full 90-day drug treatment program include:
- A complete assessment to start: The helpful and compassionate admissions specialists at Elevate do more than just check insurance; they provide a complete assessment of the patient’s addiction, psychological and physical needs. Overall health, mental health issues, personal likes and dislikes will all be taken into account.
- Personal discovery and growth: As segments of a holistic inpatient alcohol or drug treatment program, increased self-awareness and self-discovery are key. Drug abuse can often lead to low self-esteem and a distorted perception of oneself and the world. Through therapeutic methodologies and holistic mindfulness techniques, patients at Elevate can discover their true selves and grow as a person.
- An individualized treatment plan: The specific elements of each patient’s recovery program will be built after input from both the staff and the patient Of the many possible methodologies we offer, from CBT, to art and music therapy, to adventure therapy in the redwood forests of Santa Cruz, the most appropriate will be chosen – our patients are directly involved in designing and implementing their treatment program. “One-size-fits-all” programs like AA are useful; our programs are personal.
- A Community of Compatriots: An essential part of our treatment programs comes after the program itself – aftercare. Many people who’ve finished a drug rehab program, when returning to their daily lives, find themselves isolated and facing triggers to relapse. A strong community of counselors and fellow graduates, who know intimately what you've been through, can provide support emotionally, socially, and in terms of advice for resisting cravings.
Elevate’s Drug and Alcohol Treatment Options in Santa Cruz
In an overall sense, any drug or alcohol recovery program can be split into one of two main types, inpatient treatment, and outpatient treatment. The first one means that the patient will live at the center for a certain amount of time, to focus 24/7 on recovery in a supervised setting. Outpatient drug treatment programs necessitate a client, who lives at home, to attend the facility on a regular schedule while permitting them the freedom to go to work, school, or take care of their kids. Elevate Addiction Services offers the following:
- Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers: The foundation of our services, inpatient treatment at our Santa Cruz center can work on overcoming addictions to the full spectrum of drugs, from prescription opioids like OxyContin and benzos like Valium, to meth, cocaine and other stimulants, to so-called “party drugs” like MDMA and ketamine. Normally at Elevate, a 90-day program is the base.
- Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers: Following a detox period, alcoholism treatment on an outpatient basis can be as effective as a stay at a residential facility. The basis of an outpatient alcohol program at Elevate is the SMART Recovery model of evidence-based treatment combined with community support and personal growth.
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers: Alcohol addiction treatment can be especially difficult because of the severe withdrawal symptoms it can engender, as well as its acceptability and availability in society. Our inpatient services begin with medically supervised detox and then move forward, using individual programs to guide clients toward a long-lasting recovery.
- Detoxification Treatment: All intensive drug and alcohol treatment programs must begin with a detox program. If the body isn’t purged of drugs and the toxins which come with them, further treatment will be moot. Elevate offers full, multi-spectrum detox services with all inpatient and outpatient treatment programs in Santa Cruz.
- Outpatient Drug Treatment Centers: Serving the Bay Area as well as Northern California, Elevate’s outpatient services are ideal for people who have longstanding commitments which prevent a full inpatient stay, as well as providing a less expensive alternative for those who don’t need a full inpatient stay.
Programs: Interventions, Lengths and Elements
It can be very difficult for the friends and family of someone addicted to drugs or alcohol to convince them to get help. Denial, of course, is a part of many addictions. That’s why it’s worth considering employing a professional alcohol intervention program or drug intervention program for loved ones who are unwilling to consider drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs. Elevate’s professional interventionists are experienced at exploring options for rehabilitation programs for drug addicts and those in need of treatment options for alcoholism.
When considering treatment options for alcoholism or other forms of addiction, many people might consider AA or NA. At Elevate, we prefer to use non 12 step rehab programs like the holistic options offered at our treatment center in Santa Cruz. A 90-day stay at a non 12 step recovery is often much more effective, long term and short term. Not only is detox and psychological training provided, but it offers an opportunity for recovering addicts to grow as people and in spiritual terms. While we are open to discussing the length of stay with any of our patient, our baseline is 90 days – and the reason is to prevent relapses for our clients.
Wide Range of Treatments
Elevate Addiction services combines medical treatment, evidence-based methodologies, and holistic therapy to formulate the most complete suite of treatments possible. Here are just a few of our services:
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Many if not most of the clients we help have a co-occurring mental health disorder, which need to be treated simultaneously.
- Experiential therapy: Activities such as gardening, art therapy, music therapy, aromatherapy, and massage therapy not only offer a sense of rejuvenating luxuriousness, they can be wonderful tools that can be continued during aftercare and beyond.
- Adventure therapy: Hiking, camping, boating, swimming in the hills and forests around Santa Cruz and its nearby beaches all provide an active way to explore self-discovery and working in groups.
- Fitness therapy: As part of holistic alcohol recovery or holistic drug treatment, the importance of nutrition and exercise can’t be overstated. Improving the body’s health is the first step to improving mental, emotional, and spiritual health as well.
Common Addictions and Their Symptoms
When trying to help yourself or a loved one get treatment for an addiction, it's important to know the signs and symptoms of alcohol addiction and drug addiction. Here’s a quick guide on what to look for:
- Heroin Treatment Programs: Sadly, heroin detox and treatment are more in demand than ever in Santa Cruz and nationwide. As the opioid crisis continues, it’s more likely you’ll need to identify the symptoms. These include: lethargy, constipation, pinning of the pupils of the eye, track marks, and in extreme cases, problems at work or school, theft or other criminal behavior, and of course needles and burnt spoons.
- Treatment for Benzodiazepine Dependence: While benzodiazepines are used as withdrawal treatment medications during detox for other drugs, they can be dangerously addictive in their own right. Elevate’s benzo treatment programs eschew supplemental medications in favor of a holistic approach to recovery. These kinds of dependencies are also common causes of “doctor shopping.”
- Cocaine, Meth, and other Stimulant Treatment Programs: While the opioid crisis has claimed the most press in recent years, drugs such as cocaine, crack, speed, and meth remain a serious problem in America. Stimulant abuse symptoms may vary, but include extreme insomnia, irritability, weight loss, dental problems, heavy coughing and lung issues (especially if the drug is smoked), heart attacks, and in some life-threatening cases, psychotic episodes. Elevate’s holistic treatment programs will focus on the specific treatments, both therapeutic and physical needed by each patient.
- Alcohol Treatment Programs: The signs and symptoms of alcoholism can vary depending on the length and severity of the addiction. For example, the symptoms of severe alcoholism may be similar to other drug addiction symptoms (lethargy, weight gain or loss, cognitive dysfunction, etc.). On the other hand, less intensive alcohol addiction symptoms can be noticeable as well. These symptoms (weight gain, liver disease, heart disease, red capillaries) can indicate that someone is in need of immediate alcohol withdrawal treatment to prevent delirium tremens and other dangerous incidences.
- Opioid Treatment Programs: Because heroin is an opiate, many of the symptoms of prescription opioid addiction are similar. Be aware of the concept of “doctor shopping,” which refers to getting different prescriptions from several doctors so as not raise suspicion or to get around prescription limits. While medications are available for prescription drug treatment, Elevate’s philosophy is one of true recovery rather than supplemental drugs.