Northern California Substance Abuse Treatment
As one of the largest most populated states, California has a varied history of substance abuse and addiction. The rate of substance abuse in California has fluctuated over the years, along with changing laws, initiatives, and decriminalization. However, one thing remains constant: individuals struggling with addiction need treatment.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health in Northern California
Compared to the nation, California has had much lower rates of drug overdose deaths in recent years. However, a significant number of people are still affected by substance abuse issues. The largest population of individuals who misuse drugs are adults between the ages of 18 and 25.
The following were some of the most abused substances in California:
- Heroin and pain medications (such as, opioids/prescriptions)
Heroin and Opioid Abuse in Northern California
In 2018, there were 2,400 fatalities related to opioid overdose. The number of deaths involving heroin increased in 2018, while the number of deaths involving prescription opioids continued a downward trend. California providers wrote 35.1 opioid prescriptions for every 100 people. This is among the lowest prescribing rates in the country. Much less than the national average of 51.4 prescriptions.
Effects of Methamphetamine Abuse in Northern California
The California Health Care Foundation reports that between the years of 2013 and 2015, about 7 percent of 11th graders used methamphetamines at least once. About 3 percent of 11th graders continued to misuse this illicit substance four or more times.
Alcohol Abuse in Northern California
Alcohol remains one of the more prevalent substance disorders in the state of California. In 2014, about 6 percent of Californians met the criteria for alcohol dependence, compared to 3 percent for illicit drugs.
About 18 percent of individuals who enrolled in substance abuse treatment in 2017 reported alcohol as their primary substance of abuse. The misuse of alcohol is believed to start at a young age. One in three 11th graders were found to have used alcohol four or more times in their lifetimes.
Marijuana Abuse and Enforcement Laws in Northern California
Marijuana is another substance frequently misused by Californians. About 13 percent of adults 18 years or older reported using marijuana in the last month. Marijuana enforcement laws in California remain complicated due to conflicting state and federal laws.
About 25 percent of public school 11th graders reported using marijuana four or more times in their lifetime. While marijuana has been recreationally and medically approved for use since 2011, it still remains federally illegal with restrictions on adolescent use. Adolescent use of marijuana may potentially harm brain development and critical thinking skills as the children continue to use the substance.
Addiction Treatment Options in Northern California
With locations in Watsonville and South Lake Tahoe, Elevate Addiction Services is an excellent choice for individuals looking for drug rehab in California.
Elevate believes that addiction treatment is so much more than helping individuals achieve sobriety. To the staff at Elevate, treatment means empowering people to create a more meaningful and positive life by addressing the root causes of their substance abuse.
At Elevate, we do not consider addiction to be a character flaw or a disease but a manifestation of deeper physical, emotional, or spiritual issues that can only be resolved by addressing underlying issues.
The holistic treatment approach at Elevate is designed for lasting success. Once someone commits to the treatment program at Elevate, they enter a lifetime partnership that provides support not only while they’re enrolled, but after graduation as well. There are many aftercare options available to ensure life-long success.
Types of Substance Abuse Treatment offered at Elevate Rehab
Detox Program at Elevate
The detox center at Elevate is not your typical detox program. Instead of prescribing numerous medications to help individuals come off any substance they’ve been misusing, our medical staff will only provide what is needed. This works to ensure that individuals are entirely off of all medications before starting their inpatient treatment.
While only the necessary medications are provided for detoxing, the individual’s comfort remains the top priority. In fact, many of our clients reported an easier than expected detox experience.
Substances that typically require detox include:
- cocaine and crack
While most rehab facilities require individuals to detox only from the substances listed above, Elevate requires all clients to go through a detox period. We believe that any addictive substance will bring about some form of withdrawal, and this initial detox helps clients achieve the right mindset before jumping into treatment.
Inpatient Treatment Program at Elevate
Elevate Addiction Services offers a unique inpatient program that is highly tailored to the individual’s needs. Our inpatient program consists of three main phases and an aftercare phase, which is ongoing from the time a client leaves treatment.
The first phase of the inpatient rehab program is Physical and Mental Healing. During this phase, individuals’ physical and nutritional needs are addressed. Often, substance abuse can cause chemical imbalances in the body. During phase one, clients address these issues with trained medical staff who help them understand how to take care of their bodies once more.
Next, clients begin to work on building Life Skills and Learning Tools. While continuing their work from phase one, clients will start to practice mindfulness and other skills. Radical acceptance, for example, is a skill that helps individuals start where they are, without judgment.
Additionally, clients are given tools such as analysis and positive communication skills that can help them practice navigating difficult situations without depending on substance use.
The third phase of the inpatient treatment program is Addressing and Overcoming Core Negative Issues. This phase is focused on finding the root cause of an individual’s substance abuse.
While individuals continue their work from phases one and two during this time, holistic therapies and cutting-edge clinical treatment are used to help individuals fill the space left by their substance abuse.
What individuals can expect when enrolled in inpatient treatment at Elevate:
- Daily group sessions, designed to be educational, lively and empowering
- One-on-one counseling, with a focus on self-realization, not judgment
- Family counseling, where clients are encouraged to work through past situations and begin to develop a post-treatment plan
- Discharge counseling and aftercare planning that is thoughtfully designed.
Length of Stay at Elevate
There are different options including short term (approximately 30 days) to longer term (60 or more days). An addiction counselor will assist you or your loved one in determining the best program length.
Outpatient Treatment Program at Elevate
If someone is unable to enroll in an inpatient program, whether due to lack of insurance coverage or not being able to take time off of work, outpatient treatment may be a good alternative.
It is important to note that while outpatient treatment can be just as effective as inpatient treatment, individuals will need to be more personally responsible for their recovery in these types of programs.
By curating the essential parts of our inpatient program, Elevate offers an effective outpatient treatment therapy that includes:
- Modern evidence-based treatments
- Individual and group addiction counseling
- Nutritional training and awareness
- Treatment planning, case management, and relapse-prevention planning
Another unique offering at Elevate is our Telehealth treatment option (remote sessions via telephone or computer). We are cutting edge when it comes to remote treatment, which can be especially helpful if someone is unable to attend outpatient treatment in-person.
Holistic Approaches at Elevate
Drug and alcohol rehabilitation at Elevate is holistic in nature, which means we don’t merely address the symptoms of addiction but the person as a whole. Including addressing the physical, mental, and spiritual effects of addiction.
Evidence-based Treatment Methods
Treatment programs at Elevate will include the use of comprehensive, evidence-based treatment therapies such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
Amenities Offered at Elevate Rehab Centers
Our Santa Cruz facility boasts the following amenities, many of which play a role in the recovery process:
- Expansive grounds. This facility is located on a ranch-style property that flanks the Santa Cruz mountains and offers views of the Pacific Ocean and Big Sur (when visibility is high).
- Swimming Pool. Relax and enjoy some relaxing pool time while practicing mindfulness or getting in your daily workout.
- Basketball and Volleyball courts—learn to play as part of a team, while addressing substance abuse issues.
- Gardens. Stroll through our gardens to help put your mind at ease while addressing severe issues surrounding addiction.
Clients at our Lake Tahoe facility will have lots of room to roam on our expansive property. This facility is bound to remind clients of summer camp, with its location in lodge-style buildings inside a grove of pine trees. Clients are encouraged to participate in outdoor activities as part of our holistic treatment approach.
Contact Elevate Rehab Today
Elevate Addiction Services offers practical and comprehensive substance abuse treatment in Northern California. We are here to help. Contact us today!
Cities in California by County:
- San Jose Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Sunnyvale Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Mountain View Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Morgan Hill Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Gilroy Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Los Altos Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Milpitas Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Cupertino Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Palo Alto Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Santa Clara Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Campbell Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Los Gatos Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Monterey Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- King City Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Pacific Grove Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Salinas Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Oakland Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Leandro Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Pleasanton Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Livermore Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Fremont Alcohol and Drug Rehab
- Richmond Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Walnut Creek Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Danville Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Ramon Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Pleasant Hill Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Sacramento Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Elk Grove Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Citrus Heights Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Folsom Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- South Lake Tahoe Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Placerville Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- El Dorado Hills Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Mateo Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Redwood City Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Bruno Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- San Carlos Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Menlo Park Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Daly City Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Half Moon Bay Drug and Alcohol Rehab
San Luis Obispo:
- San Luis Obispo Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Atascadero Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Paso Robles Drug and Alcohol Rehab
This page does not provide medical advice
Written by Elevate Addiction Services | © 2022 Elevate Addiction Services | All Rights Reserved