Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Hollister, California
Hollister is the county seat of San Benito County. As a part of the Monterey Bay Area, there are many recreational activities in and around Hollister. Hollister is one of the fastest-growing communities in California over the past decade.
Sadly, many people in Hollister suffer from substance abuse issues. On average, the San Benito County Sheriff’s Office reports 75 drug-related deaths a year.
Substance Abuse in Hollister & San Benito County, California
Due to the remote and rural nature of San Benito County, it was designated as a high-density drug-trafficking area. By receiving this designation, San Benito county will receive resources to help fight drug trafficking in the area. They hope that this will help improve the rate of addiction for the residents of the county.
Opioid Abuse in Hollister & San Benito County
Although opioid abuse has slowly decreased in Hollister and San Benito County since 2016, there are still people struggling with opioid addiction in the area. The following statistics reflect the opioid crisis in San Benito County in 2018:
- there were four opioid-related deaths reported in the county
- more than 12 people visited the emergency room because of an opioid overdose
- there were 27,058 prescriptions for opioids written in the county. The more prescriptions written, the more likely that someone can unintentionally become addicted to opioids.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Hollister, California
Hollister is part of a remote area in San Benito County. Because of this residents may have trouble finding local addiction treatment. Here are some things to consider when looking for a drug and alcohol treatment program:
- No one treatment program is for everyone. Some may respond better to certain treatment programs compared to others.
- Addiction is complicated to treat, but not impossible.
- Addiction treatment programs that consider all your needs, not only your substance abuse, are the most effective.
- Remaining in treatment long enough is vital to a successful recovery.
- Substance abuse treatment plans should be reviewed often and modified to fit your needs as they change during recovery.
- Addiction treatment does not need to be voluntary to work.
What Is the Best Addiction Treatment Program?
Because addiction treatment is involved, there is no “best” addiction treatment. Various programs are designed to fit the needs of individuals and their substance abuse habits. There is no “one-size-fits-all” program because individual addiction needs are so different.
When starting an addiction treatment program, you’re most likely going to be in either an inpatient or an outpatient program.
Inpatient programs require someone to live on-site at the rehab center while they attend treatment. The change in environment can be beneficial to people who have dealt with substance abuse for a long time (six consecutive months or more) or have experienced a relapse.
Going through a relapse is a normal occurrence and can happen to anyone. It doesn’t mean you’ve failed, only that you need further addiction treatment. Inpatient programs are a good fit for people who have had a relapse because the signs of a relapse can be addressed immediately.
Unlike inpatient programs, outpatient programs are designed to allow people to continue to live at home and work. The flexibility of an outpatient program can be a benefit to those who are unable to participate in an inpatient program.
However, it’s important to note that outpatient programs do not have the same support structure as inpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment can come in many variations, including:
- intensive outpatient – clients tend to be in treatment all day and go home at night
- standard outpatient – clients have regular appointments, usually with a counselor
- virtual outpatient (telehealth) – clients have regular appointments from their home over the phone or internet with their counselor
Finding the Right Substance Abuse Treatment Program near Hollister, California
Those seeking substance abuse treatment in Hollister may want to consider traveling outside their area for the right treatment program. Elevate Addiction Services offers holistic addiction treatment in two convenient locations in Northern California: Santa Cruz and South Lake Tahoe.
Our clients experience a wide variety of non-traditional treatment approaches, including:
- CrossFit and yoga classes
- personalized nutrition planning
- recreational treatments such as hiking and mindful walks
- individual and group counseling
Learn more about how Elevate Addiction Services can help you or your loved one today. An addiction specialist is waiting to talk to you.
This page does not provide medical advice
Written by Elevate Addiction Services | ©2020 Elevate Addiction Services | All Rights Reserved