Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Merced, California
Merced is the county seat of Merced County. Located in the San Joaquin Valley, Merced is named after the Merced River that flows near the city. As a part of California’s Central Valley, Merced is the region’s hub for education and business.
Similar to other cities in Northern California, the residents of Merced can still struggle with substance abuse. In 2016, 12.6 percent of Merced County adults reported needing help with a substance abuse issue in the past year.
Substance Abuse Trends in Merced & Merced County, California
Alcohol remains the most frequently abused substance in Merced County. Extended substance abuse can cause severe issues in every aspect of an individual’s life. Here are a few statistics from 2016 that reflect the substance abuse trends in Merced:
- More than 30 percent of adults reported binge drinking in the last year, and 14.6 percent recalled binge drinking in the past month.
- 47.3 percent of adults reported consuming at least one drink in the last 30 days, but only 38.3 percent of people with a depressive disorder reported any drinking.
- Roughly 10 percent of Merced County adults reported their emotions interfering with their social lives.
Mental Health Trends in Merced & Merced County, California
Mental health conditions such as depression can lead to physical health issues, loss of productivity, and potentially suicide. Although the suicide rate in Merced County has decreased in recent years, the rate is still higher than it was during the 2008 recession.
The following statistics are indicative of current mental health trends in Merced:
- A total of 16.2 percent of Merced County adults reported a diagnosis of a depressive disorder in 2015.
- The rate of depressive disorder diagnosis has more than doubled in adults ages 18 to 39, from 6.3 percent to 14.1 percent.
- 36.1 percent of adults with a depression diagnosis experienced chronic depression symptoms, where they felt depressed or sad on most days, for periods of two or more years.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Merced, California
Drug and alcohol treatment programs are available in Merced, in limited numbers. These programs will address substance abuse issues, but people should be cautious of treatment programs that only focus on curing their addiction symptoms.
Common drug and alcohol treatment programs can include:
- behavioral counseling
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient programs
- aftercare planning
Each of the above treatment modalities is vital to a successful recovery. However, on their own, they are not necessarily a complete treatment plan. If someone skips a step or does not give it the time required, it can lengthen the time they spend in treatment and affect their overall recovery.
Finding the Right Substance Abuse Treatment Program near Merced, California
Individuals in Merced may want to consider traveling outside their area for the right substance abuse treatment program. Finding a drug and alcohol treatment program that fits your situation can increase the likelihood of successful recovery.
People interested in a substance abuse treatment program that treats not only their substance abuse but also their underlying emotional and physical needs should consider Elevate Addiction Services. We offer drug and alcohol treatment to individuals in Northern California in two convenient locations: Santa Cruz and South Lake Tahoe.
Learn more about our treatment options and how we can help you or your loved one today.
This page does not provide medical advice
Written by Elevate Addiction Services | © 2021 Elevate Addiction Services | All Rights Reserved