West Sacramento is located in vibrant central Northern California. Split from Sacramento by the Sacramento River, the city is fast-growing and has a lot to offer. As the second most populated city in Yolo County, West Sacramento provides numerous outdoor recreational activities and is one of the area’s top four employment centers.
Sadly, many people in West Sacramento struggle with substance abuse. According to a local assessment, 46 percent of all drug-related deaths in Yolo County from 2007 to 2015 happened in West Sacramento, despite containing only 25% of the total county population.
Substance Abuse in West Sacramento & Yolo County, California
The rate of drug-related deaths tripled in West Sacramento from seven deaths per 100,000 persons in 2007 to 18 deaths per 100,000 people in 2015. The 2015 death rate in West Sacramento was double the statewide death rate in 2015 (nine deaths per 100,000 people).
The following are some statistics that reflect substance abuse trends in West Sacramento:
- The leading cause of drug-related overdose from 2007 to 2015 was overdosing on a combination of drugs such as opioids and sedatives.
- In 2015, 47.6 percent of accidental deaths in Yolo County were due to drug overdose.
- The second most common cause of drug-related deaths were due to opiates and narcotics, including heroin and methadone (34.7 percent).
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in West Sacramento, California
Several drug and alcohol treatment programs are available in West Sacramento. Individuals in West Sacramento can find options that include:
- behavioral health counseling
- residential or inpatient drug rehab programs
- outpatient treatment programs
- aftercare planning
These are the four critical components of addiction treatment, and most rehab centers will provide one or a combination of the above.
Several behavioral health therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) can be used to address addiction symptoms, and each teaches individuals tools to help learn why they began and continued their addictive behaviors.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Drug Rehab Program
Addiction affects everyone differently, and no two people will recover in the same manner. People who have experienced a relapse or are addicted to more than one substance should consider an inpatient or residential treatment program.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Inpatient treatment allows the client to live at the facility where they receive addiction treatment. This gets them out of a potentially distracting or unproductive situation and puts them into a supportive and nurturing environment.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
In contrast, outpatient treatment programs allow the client to live at home and attend meetings or appointments that are more or less flexible to their schedule.
There are several kinds of outpatient treatment, which include:
- intensive outpatient – a more time-consuming form of outpatient, where the client attends daily meetings that often last all day, like a full-time job
- standard outpatient – a more traditional form of outpatient, where the client has sessions on a less frequent basis which usually last 1-2 hours
- virtual health outpatient programs (telehealth) – the client remains at home and has appointments and meetings via virtual conferencing. The frequency of appointments can vary
No matter the situation someone is experiencing, there is a treatment option that can meet their needs.
Finding the Right Drug and Alcohol Rehab Program near West Sacramento, California
Individuals in West Sacramento have access to many substance abuse treatment programs, but finding one that fits their situation is essential for recovery success. In some cases, individuals may want to travel outside of their area to find the right drug rehab program.
Holistic Treatment at Elevate Addiction Services
Elevate Addiction Services offers holistic addiction treatment to individuals in Northern California. Holistic treatment approaches substance abuse differently than the traditional 12-step treatment model. They do this by working to treat the person as a whole and not just their symptoms.
Individuals looking for something different that will be personally tailored to their situation should consider enrolling in an Elevate addiction treatment program. Clients at Elevate will participate in practical holistic treatment activities such as:
- nutritional and exercise planning
- individual, group, and family counseling
- recreational therapies like hiking and Crossfit
We believe that a drug rehab program should help people rebuild their lives. To learn more about how we can help you or your loved one start your recovery journey, contact us today.
- City of West Sacramento – About the City
- Drug-Related Deaths in Yolo County, 2007-2015 – West Sacramento
- California Opioid Overdose Surveillance Dashboard – Yolo County