Yuba City Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation
The City of Yuba City is located near the Feather River in Sutter County. About 40 miles north of Sacramento, Yuba City is the social hub for the Yuba-Sutter Region. Yuba City provides a blend of urban excitement and small-town charm.
However, residents of Yuba continue to struggle with substance abuse issues. In 2018, there were 19 emergency room visits due to an opioid overdose in Sutter County.
Substance Abuse Trends in Yuba City & Sutter County, California
Alcohol is the most abused substance in Yuba City. Excessive drinking can be detrimental to someone’s work and family life. In Sutter County, 18.7 percent of adults reported heavy or binge drinking in the last 30 days.
Heavy drinking is considered two or more drinks for women or three or more drinks for men in one sitting. Binge drinking is defined as four or more drinks for women and five or more drinks for men at once.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Yuba City, California
There are some local options for drug and alcohol treatment programs in Yuba City. However, individuals may find that these programs are not meeting their needs and may want to travel for a program that does.
When determining which treatment program is the best fit for you, keep in mind:
- No single treatment is right for everyone.
- Effective treatment addresses all the individual’s needs, not just their substance abuse.
- Staying in treatment long enough is critical.
- Counseling and other behavioral therapies are the most commonly used addiction treatment types.
- Treatment plans should be adjusted to the clients changing needs throughout recovery.
- Addiction treatment should address other possible mental health disorders.
- Treatment does not need to be voluntary to be effective.
The Different Types of Addiction Treatment
There is a range of addiction treatment options which have been successful in treating drug addiction, including:
- behavioral counseling
- non-traditional, evidence-based treatments
- inpatient programs
- outpatient programs
- screening for other mental health issues
- aftercare planning
It’s important to note that substance abuse treatment should include mental and medical health services as needed by the individual. Aftercare planning is also vital to continued sobriety and can consist of community- or family-based support systems. Relapse is most likely to occur within six months of completing an addiction treatment program. Aftercare planning makes this rough transition stage smoother. This makes it less likely that a relapse will occur.
It is common for individuals who struggle with substance abuse to also suffer from a mental health disorder. These mental health disorders can include issues such as major depressive disorder or anxiety disorder.
These conditions can complicate addiction treatment because it can be challenging to determine the true cause of someones’ addiction symptoms. The symptoms could be from quitting the addictive substance or from a mental health disorder.
Individuals who suspect that they have an undiagnosed mental health condition should consult a health care professional and let them know about the issues they’ve been having with their mental health.
Finding the Right Substance Abuse Treatment Program near Yuba City, California
Substance abuse issues are treatable, but it can be tough to go through the process alone. A formal addiction treatment program can help you with the following:
- stop using drugs that are harming your health
- stay drug-free for longer than if you quit cold-turkey
- be more productive with family, work, and life without addictive drugs interfering
Elevate Addiction Services offers holistic addiction treatment that promotes recovery from the root cause of addictive behaviors. We believe in treating more than an individual’s symptoms but also their underlying mental and emotional blocks.
Our program is based around the idea of conscious recovery. We do not subscribe to the notion that addiction is an incurable disease. Instead, we believe anyone can overcome addiction for a lifetime. Elevate offers a treatment plan to fit anyone’s needs, including:
- professional intervention resources
- detoxification and stabilization
- 30- or 60-day inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient treatment
- virtual outpatient treatment (Telehealth)
Contact an addiction specialist today to find out more about how our unique approach to addiction treatment can help you take back control.
Alok Krishna, MD
- View Our Santa Cruz Facility
- View Our Lake Tahoe Facility
- Verify Your Insurance
- For Immediate Help Call:
- (831) 440-3568
This page does not provide medical advice
Written by Elevate Addiction Services | © 2022 Elevate Addiction Services | All Rights Reserved