Because Reno is smaller than Las Vegas, many think there is less of a need for drug and alcohol detox services. However, as with every town and city in America, there are ongoing, continuing addiction issues affecting the populace and requiring both specialized and general drug treatment programs.
The numbers bear this out – experts at drug addiction treatment centers in Reno and the Reno police have reported a strong uptick in drug cases of all types, and especially in prescription opioid abuse and overdose.
In fact, every year since 2010 has seen an increase in the number of opioid addiction cases requiring treatment at a drug rehab center in Reno, and an increase in the number of fatal overdoses.
As a major tourism and gaming center, Reno is also a trigger point for alcohol abuse. Alcohol, being the single most accessible and socially acceptable drug in the world, does not get the press that opioids or other drug scares have received. And yet, the need for alcohol detox services in Reno remains high.
Elevate’s alcohol rehabilitation center in Reno and nearby Lake Tahoe provides inpatient and outpatient programs personally designed to help people achieve long-lasting sobriety they can be proud of.
Why Elevate Addiction Services
- Treatment at all levels of care. Including detox beginning all programs, residential / inpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs and more. We tailor each program to the individual.
- A non-12-step program unlike any other. We combine physical fitness and nutritional training with a wide range of talk and experiential therapies to help our graduates do more than just get sober, but to improve themselves mind, body and soul.
- Each program is geared toward a 100% drug free recovery – we don’t replace one addiction with another.
- We take most major insurances and offer flexible payment options for co-pays or for private pay admissions.
- We have locations convenient to California and Nevada, with inpatient and outpatient options at Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe, Placerville, and Aptos. We’re also happy to help make travel arrangements.
- All Elevate programs guarantee a 6-month continuing care program to help ease the transition to a sober lifestyle and keep in communication with our graduates.
- Our facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission, and we are members of NAADAC, NAATP, BHAP, CCAPP, and ASAM – ensuring that we meet the highest possible standards of quality and care.
- A positive, experienced and compassionate staff who go above and beyond the standards of the treatment injury. We make every effort to connect personally with each client – assisting personal growth as well as addiction recovery.
Nevada Opioid Abuse Statistics
- Percentage of NATIONAL opioid prescription users.88%
- Percentage of NEVADA opioid prescription users.12%
- Percentage of prescription opioid users who become addicted.6%
- Percentage of addicted opioid users who move on to heroin.80%
- Percentage of heroin users who began with prescription opioids.
Elevate’s Lake Tahoe Retreat Serves Inpatient and Outpatient Needs in Reno
Elevate’s drug treatment program in Reno employs the same forward-thinking, patient-centered approach that has set us apart from the crown in California for over 20 years.In the face of the still-growing opioid crisis and the continuation of abuse of other addictive substances, many traditional outpatient drug treatment centers, and even more intensive inpatient drug treatment centers, still continue with methadone or suboxone treatment programs. At Elevate, our experience has taught is that a replacement drug can be an anchor which prevents patients from reaching true sobriety. So what makes Elevate’s programs different?TALK TO SOMEONESCHEDULE A TOUR
TO GET HELP TODAY, CALL: 1 (831) 612-6226
Whole Body, Whole Mind, Whole Person
Elevate has a strong focus on holistic healing in both our inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol treatment programs. Holistic healing, which employs various techniques to treat not only the symptoms of the addiction disease, but to treat the entire person – mind, body, and soul.
This means programs that address various aspects of each patient, such as:
- Nutritional programming: When people enter an outpatient or inpatient drug treatment program, in many cases proper nutrition has been neglected, sometimes for years. The brain and every other organ operate more effectively when the appropriate nutrients are available. This makes nutrition training programs a great long-term lesson for recovering addicts to make sure after detox, they are thinking clearly.
- Guided Meditation and Yoga: Both of these techniques are crucial components of any holistic program. Both are ways to empty the mind, and direct personal awareness to a contemplative, mindful point of view. It’s a way to cope with negative or drug-centered thoughts and increase self-awareness, which is the basis for rational decision making.
- Fitness programs: Hand-in-hand with nutrition training goes fitness and exercise programs. Elevate Addiction Services is partnered with CrossFit, which is accessible to people at all levels of fitness from gym rat to newbie. Consistent exercise has several benefits for recovering addicts; not only does it improve general health, but it provides a positive outlet for activity when cravings hit, or relapse is looming.
- SMART Recovery: Originally designed as a non 12 step program in contras with AA and NA, SMART Recovery is evidence-based treatment for both the recovery treatment and aftercare portions of the journey toward sobriety. It follows a four point program: Point 1: Building and Maintaining Motivation, Point 2: Coping with Urges, Point 3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors, Point 4: Living a Balanced Life
Elevate Addiction Services’ Commitment to Each Patient
When someone is finally ready to get help and pursue a sober life, the first instinct is often to go online and search out something like “inpatient drug treatment near me.” However, geographic location isn’t the only criteria; in fact, it might be the least important one. Like any other disease, addiction is a deeply personal issue, and as such requires personal treatment whether at an inpatient drug treatment center or just an outpatient alcohol treatment program.
That’s why every program we offer from alcohol detox to a entire 90-day drug treatment program include:
- A full assessment from the start: Our experienced admissions specialists and intake counselors will determine more than simply the drug of choice and length of addiction. Overall health, mental health issues, personal likes and dislikes will all be taken into account.
- Personal discovery and growth: As parts of a holistic inpatient drug or alcohol treatment program, self-awareness and personal growth are key. Drug abuse can often lead to low self-esteem and a distorted perception of oneself and the world. Through therapeutic methodologies and holistic mindfulness techniques, patients at Elevate can discover their true selves and grow as a person.
- A personalized treatment plan: The specific elements of each patient’s recovery program will be discussed and decided on by both he patient and Elevate’s compassionate professionals. Of the many possible methodologies we offer from CBT to adventure therapy in the hills near Lake Tahoe, the most appropriate will be chosen – our patients are actively involved in their own program. “One-size-fits-all” programs like the 12-Step are nowhere to be found.
- Aftercare and Community: An essential part of our treatment programs comes after the program itself – aftercare. Many recovering addicts, when returning to their daily lives, find themselves isolated and facing triggers to relapse. A robust community of fellow newly sober folks and counselors can provide ongoing support, emotionally and in terms of advice for resisting cravings.
TO GET HELP TODAY, CALL: 1 (831) 612-6226
Elevate’s Drug and Alcohol Treatment Options in Reno
Generally speaking, any drug or alcohol recovery program can be divided into two categories, inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment. The former means that the patient will live at the facility for a set period, to focus 24/7 on recovery in a supervised setting. Outpatient drug treatment programs require a patient who is living at home to attend the facility on a set schedule while allowing them the freedom to meet work, school, or child care responsibilities.
Elevate Addiction Services offers the following:
- Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers: The foundation of our services, inpatient treatment at our Lake Tahoe facility can treat addictions to the widest variety of drugs of choice, from prescription opioids and benzos, to cocaine and methamphetamine addictions, to party drugs like MDMA and ketamine. Generally speaking, a 90 day program is the base.
- Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers: Following a detox period, alcoholism treatment on an outpatient basis can be as effective as a stay at a residential facility. The basis of an outpatient alcohol program at Elevate is the SMART Recovery model of evidence-based treatment combined with community support and personal growth.
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers: Because of the social acceptability, wide availability, and dangerous withdrawal symptoms of alcohol, dedicated inpatient treatment is the most surefire way to attain recovery. Our inpatient services begin at medically supervised detox and then move forward through personalized programs toward a long-lasting recovery.
- Detoxification Treatment: Any program, inpatient or outpatient should begin with a detox period to mitigate and manage withdrawal symptoms. While some forms of withdrawal are more severe than others, (for example, alcohol withdrawal can be fatal in extreme cases), none of them is pleasant, and all require medical supervision. Detox must be completed before the true recovery can begin.
- Outpatient Drug Treatment Centers: Serving the Reno and Lake Tahoe areas as well as Nevada and Northern California, outpatient services are ideal for someone with commitments which prevent a full inpatient stay, as well as providing a less expensive option for insurances which don’t cover a full 90-day stay.
Programs: Interventions, Lengths and Elements
Many people who need drug and alcohol treatment near them are unwilling to take the first step to sobriety. In those cases, pressure from family and friends, no matter how well-intentioned, may make the problem worse and send their loved one farther away.
Elevate offers professional alcohol intervention programs and drug intervention programs to ease this process and make it more likely the loved one will accept the help they need to get better. It’s a necessary step in many cases where the addiction has become a central focus in the patient’s life.
In addition, Elevate Addiction Services’ intervention programs also prepare the family and friends to constructively provide support for their loved one during and after drug and alcohol treatment programs. In fact, our most successful clients have had family support in every stage of the drug and alcohol rehabilitation program, from intervention to detox to recovery to aftercare.
Elevate’s professional interventionists are compassionate, discreet, and effective.
When considering treatment options for alcoholism or other forms of addiction, many people firth consider AA or NA. However, non 12 step rehab programs like the holistic options offered at our treatment center in Reno are often much more effective, long term and short term. A 90-day stay at a non 12 step recovery program can not only treat the symptoms of addiction but help the patient become a better person; self-aware, mindful, and able to cope with negativity without using.
While we are open to discussing the length of stay with any of our patient, our baseline is 90 days – and the reason is that we don’t want our graduates coming back because the base treatment program wasn’t long enough.
Wide Range of Treatments
Elevate Addiction services combines medical treatment, evidence-based methodologies, and holistic therapy to formulate the most complete suite of treatments possible.
Here are just a few of our services:
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Many if not most of the clients we help have a co-occurring mental health disorder, which need to be treated simultaneously.
- Experiential therapy: Activities such as gardening, art therapy, music therapy, aromatherapy and massage therapy not only provide engaging activity and a sense of restful luxury, they can be wonderful tools what can be continued after treatment.
- Adventure therapy: Hiking, camping, boating, swimming in gorgeous Lake Tahoe all provide an active way to explore self-awareness and teamwork.
- Fitness therapy: As part of holistic alcohol recovery or holistic drug treatment, the importance of nutrition and exercise can’t be overstated. Improving the body’s health is the first step to improving mental, emotional, and spiritual health as well.
TO GET HELP TODAY, CALL: 1 (831) 612-6226
Common Addictions and Their Symptoms
If you or a loved one is concerned that there may be an addiction issue forming, it’s important to know the signs. It may be the impetus for an intervention or just a sign you need to take stock.
Here are some common addictions we treat and their symptoms:
- Heroin Treatment Programs: Sadly, heroin detox and treatment are more in demand than ever in Reno and nationwide. As the opioid crisis continues, it’s more likely you’ll need to identify the symptoms. These include: lethargy, constipation, pinning of the pupils of the eye, track marks, and in extreme cases, problems at work or school, theft or other criminal behavior, and of course needles and burnt spoons.
- Cocaine, Meth, and other Stimulant Treatment Programs: While they don’t get the same amount of attention from the media as they did in years past, drugs such as cocaine, crack, speed and meth remain a serious problem in America. Stimulant abuse symptoms may vary, but include extreme insomnia, irritability, weight loss, dental problems, heavy coughing and lung issues, heart attacks, and in some extreme cases psychotic episodes. Elevate’s holistic treatment programs will focus on the specific treatments, both therapeutic and physical needed by each patient.
- Opioid Treatment Programs: Heroin being an opiate, many of the symptoms of opioid addiction are similar. Be aware of the concept of “doctor shopping,” which is visiting several doctors to get prescriptions from each. This is also very common in prescription drug addiction requiring help, such as treatment for benzodiazepine addiction. While medications are available for prescription drug treatment, Elevate’s philosophy is one of true recovery rather than supplemental drugs.
- Alcohol Treatment Programs: The signs and symptoms of alcoholism can vary depending on the length and severity of the addiction. For example the symptoms of severe alcoholism may be similar to other drug addiction symptoms (lethargy, weight gain or loss, cognitive dysfunction, etc.). On the other hand, less intensive alcohol addiction symptoms can be noticeable as well. These symptoms (weight gain, liver disease, heart disease, red capillaries) can indicate that someone is in need of immediate alcohol withdrawal treatment to prevent delirium tremens and other dangerous incidences.
TO GET HELP TODAY, CALL: 1 (831) 612-6226
Non 12 Step Addiction Treatment Centers in Reno and Nearby
With the continuation of the opioid crisis and the continued rise of other addiction in Nevada over the past few years, there has never been a more crucial time for personalized treatment at an inpatient or outpatient drug rehab center. Elevate Addiction Services bring 20 years of experience in a holistic, compassionate program based around helping our patients grow as people instead of simply treating the symptoms of drug addiction. If you or a loved one is looking for addiction treatment near you in Reno, Lake Tahoe, or the surrounding area, call us now for an assessment and to get started on the path to sobriety.