Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Sparks, Nevada
Located east of Reno, the City of Sparks is in Washoe County. Sparks is the fifth most populated city in Nevada and was named after the late Nevada Governor John Sparks.
As a part of the Reno-Sparks metropolitan area, Sparks residents experience that same substance abuse issues the rest of the state faces. With a severe shortage of mental health practitioners, many people struggling with substance abuse cannot access treatment where they live.
Substance Abuse in Sparks & Washoe County, Nevada
About one-in-three Americans use substances in a manner that can be potentially harmful to their health and safety. The following reflect the substance abuse trends in Washoe County:
- One-third of emergency room visits in Washoe County were related to drug overdose in 2013.
- Nearly nine percent of Nevada adults are estimated to be heavy drinkers, which is higher than the rest of the nation at seven percent.
- Washoe County has experienced drug overdose rates higher than the rest of Nevada since 2007.
- Almost half of the drug overdose deaths in Washoe County from 2008 to 2012 were due to prescription drug abuse.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Sparks, Nevada
It is possible to find addiction treatment in Sparks. However, choices may be limited, and the same is true through much of Nevada.
A good addiction treatment program will include the following components:
- They will address all the individual’s needs, not just their substance abuse
- Individualized counseling and other behavioral therapies will be provided
- Medical staff will frequently review treatment plans and modify them to fit the patient’s changing needs
Effective and long-lasting addiction treatment will include at least one of the above components.
The Different Types of Addiction Treatment
Many addiction treatment programs have been successful in addressing substance abuse issues. A few examples include:
- behavioral counseling
- evaluation and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- long-term follow-up to prevent relapse
A range of care with an individually tailored treatment plan and follow-up programs can be vital to success. Treatment programs must include medical and mental health services as needed by patients. Aftercare may consist of community or family-based recovery support systems.
The Differences Between Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
Research has proven that inpatient and outpatient treatments are equally effective at treating addiction issues. However, some people may do better in an inpatient setting because it provides more support and a new environment.
Individuals will live at the rehab center for 30, 60, or 90-day programs. These are designed to help them recover steadily and in a secure environment.
People who have experienced the following are usually referred to inpatient rehab:
- a previous relapse
- addiction to more than one substance
- abusing substances for more than six consecutive months
- being diagnosed with a mental health disorder such as major depressive disorder or generalized anxiety disorder
Finding the Right Substance Abuse Treatment Program near Sparks, Nevada
Finding the right substance abuse treatment program can be crucial to recovery. Individuals in Sparks may have access to treatment locally, but may not find a program that fits their situation.
For individualized treatment options, individuals may want to consider traveling outside their city. Elevate Addiction Services has locations in South Lake Tahoe, California, to help individuals from Nevada with holistic addiction treatment.
We offer many different types of addiction treatment programs to fit nearly any situation, including:
- 30, or 60-day inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs
- virtual outpatient treatment (telehealth)
To learn more about how we can help you today, contact an addiction counselor. Help is a phone call away.
Here at Elevate Rehab we have options for those who live in Nevada. Whether you are searching for a Sparks, Carson City or Reno drug rehab facility, we can help. Don’t hesitate to connect with us today!
This page does not provide medical advice
Written by Elevate Addiction Services | © 2022 Elevate Addiction Services | All Rights Reserved